The administration committee consists of one representative from each council group, and the council will appoint one of them as chair.
The administration committee’s tasks include the handling of matters arising in the council and issuing statements related to these matters to the council and, in particular,
1) monitoring the finances and operation of the student union
2) submitting initiatives to the council based on their observations
3) preparing the council meeting’s procedure questions as necessary.
Administration committee members in 2016:
Jesse Saari, chairperson
The commerce committee is the expert body issuing statements to the board or council when necessary or requested to do so on matters pertaining to its territory.
The commerce committee comprises 3–10 people knowledgeable in commerce and administration, half of whom may be appointed outside the student union. The chairperson, however, must be a student union member.
The council appoints the commerce committee members for one calendar year at a time.
The commerce committee’s responsibilities include:
1) student union finances
2) the regulatory and organisational matters of the student union
3) the personnel matters of the student union
4) the operation and finances of guilds, leisure clubs and other organisations operating under the student union
5) business conducted by the student union, and
6) the real and movable property owned and controlled by the student union.
Commerce committee members in 2016:
Mikko Sulonen, chairperson
The honorary committee is an expert advisory body operating under the council. The honorary committee comprises 3–10 members appointed by the council among people who have made a commendable contribution to the operation of the student union.
The term of the honorary committee is three (3) years and it convenes when invited by the student union board or its chair.
Honorary committee members in 2015–2017:
Kirsi Koski, chairperson