The student union together with TTMK rents a van for the students to use. The rates are student-friendly and well below those of rental companies. In order to rent the van, you must be a student union member and hold a driving licence (class B or higher) approved in Finland. Departments may not rent the van. Student union members may, however, rent the van for a guild, a club or similar.
The van was replaced in 2014.
NOTE! At the turn of the month (+/- 2 days), the rental period is a maximum of 6 h/person.
- Read the Van rental instructions and rules (PDF) carefully.
- Check availability and make your reservation on the reservation calendar. Please read the reservation calendar instructions before placing your reservation.
- The reservation must be cancelled a week before the scheduled booking.
- The keys are collected from the student union office on weekdays between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. (please note exceptional opening hours during holidays).
- Do not forget to fill in the starting kilometre reading in the driving log.
- Check for any new damage caused by the previous driver.
- If necessary, fill the tank with diesel fuel at the Hervanta Shell petrol station and put it in TTMK’s tab (quote TTMK at the register – the sales person knows the deal and charges TTMK’s card).
- Drive carefully and pay special attention to the right side of the van in narrow spaces.
- Fill in the driving log.
- Return the keys immediately after using the van to the student union office. At night, you can drop the keys in the black mailbox outside the student union office.
- Wait for the invoice which will be delivered via email or, if you prefer, as a letter usually within two months.
- Questions about invoicing, the cars condition etc? You can contact paku(at)ttmk.fi.
The rear and side doors open when you put the key in the driver’s door and turn it counter-clockwise, then return it to mid-position and then turn it again counter-clockwise.
– EUR 10/starting three-hour period + EUR 0.46/km
– night-time rate: if you pick up the van after 6 p.m. in the evening and return it by 8 a.m. the following morning, the hourly rate is halved (EUR 5/starting three-hour period + EUR 0.46/km)
– Rates include petrol. Minimum amount to be invoiced is EUR 12 and the payment term is 14 days.
– The cost is calculated according to BOOKED hours.
– If you need the van for a longer drive, contact markus.ryoti(at)student.tut.fi for rates.
– Clarifying unclear invoicing address: EUR 2
– Late cancellation: EUR 12
– Late payment fee: EUR 5
– Late return of keys: EUR 40
– Damage requiring repairs: EUR 500 (insurance deductible) + EUR 35/day for each day when the van is out of use. Please report the damages immediately to paku(at)ttmk.fi / Markus Ryöti and the Student union. If you do this, you only pay the insurance deductible.